Living in an area that you share with different animals can be tricky. There is no way of knowing where they are or when are they going to invade your personal space. They don’t have a sense of personal boundaries as it seems. Which is why you must be vigilant. There aren’t many areas in the United States that host dangerous pests, but dangerous or not, it’s still a shock to find them in your kitchen drawer in the morning.
Snakes are one of the most common pests that people confront with. Most of them are harmless, non-venomous, but that doesn’t mean you want to share your house or your yard with them. Fortunately, there are plenty of solutions that will help you keep them away. It’s up to you what strategy you want to use.
Traps are one way to go. They will catch the snakes and then it’s your decision what you do with them. However, I find this method to be inconvenient. Checking the traps regularly and then having to deal with the snake is not something you want on your schedule. Especially if you are afraid of them in general. That is why I recommend a better, more humane solution. Why deal with all that when you can keep them away altogether? Use a snake repellent and be done with it.
The benefits of using snake repellents over conventional traps
As I mentioned before, snake repellents are a humane method of getting rid of snakes. Let’s face it, they are harmless and just trying to survive, just as any other creature under the sun. They will not hurt you. Maybe they will scare or gross you out, but that’s it. Which is why a repellent is the best way to keep them away.
- You don’t have to deal with the snake at all. If you use traps, you have to go empty it or dispose of it the right way. Some traps even involve a dead snake (glue tapes). Do you really want to deal with that? I didn’t think so. If you use a snake repellent, you won’t even catch a glimpse of a snake. Simple as that.
- It’s humane. Not all people want to kill the snakes. They are just going about their business. Do they really deserve to die for it? Moreover, if a snake gets trapped, it may be days until you go check it out, which means that it will suffer from starvation. Or it may get killed by another animal. Either way, it’s cruel. But a snake repellent will just deviate its course. It will just slither someplace else.
- It’s more convenient than a trap. You have to buy the traps, set them up, check them out regularly, and then, if necessary, dispose of the snake. Seems like an unnecessary effort. However, the snake repellents I am talking about just need to be sprayed on once a week or so. Usually, they come bottled up in spray bottles. You apply the solution on the areas of interest, and let it do its job. And that is it.
- It’s more efficient. How are you going to get rid of a nest of snakes with traps? How many traps are you supposed to buy? If you buy 3 traps, then you get rid of 3 snakes. And that’s it. But if you use a snake repellent, you get rid of all of them. No snake will come near your house or yard if it can sense the substances you sprayed. After all, they are designed to keep snakes away, not lure them in as traps do.
How to recognize the best snake repellent?
There are many solutions out there. However, not all of them are recommended for everyone, no matter how good they are at keeping snakes away. You have to consider a few factors before making a purchase.
- Look at the ingredients. Does the snake repellent you want has chemical compounds or is made of natural essential oils? You should know that some essential oils, such as those of cedarwood, cinnamon, and clove can be as efficient as chemical compounds. You don’t have to poison your house or your yard to get rid of snakes. You can do it naturally.
- Make sure that the repellent cannot affect your children or your pets. Kids, as well as domestic animals, are curious by nature so they may explore the yard. Traps are very dangerous, they are out of the question. But chemical compounds are just as dangerous. What if they touch the area you spray and then they put their little hands in their mouth? Who knows what can happen. Trust me, you don’t want to live with this fear.
- Chose a product that contains a small amount of sulfur. Essential oils will mostly do their job, but not all snakes are alike. If you buy a snake repellent that contains sulfur, you can be sure that no snake will come close to your house or yard anytime soon.
- A nice smelling solution would be best. Even if the product has a purpose, you don’t want your house or its surrounding to smell bad, do you? Just because it’s supposed to repel snakes, that doesn’t mean it has to stink the place. There are plenty of solutions out there than can do their job while having a pleasant
- Ease of use is also important. Don’t go for those products that you need to dilute before use. Most solutions come ready to apply. Also, if you have a large area, go for the XXL bottles. That way you don’t have to buy multiple containers.
- Purchase a product that works outdoors but indoors as well. You don’t need to bother yourself with two different solutions. One should be more than enough.
- Last, but not least, go for a snake repellent that works on all snakes. Especially if you live in an area where there can be found multiple species. Most products work on all of them, but I just wanted to make sure that you are aware of this.
What are the best snake repellents?
That is a difficult question to answer. I don’t think that there is anyone who tried them all. There are too many on the market. Some of them do the job well, some of them work at times, and then there are some that just shouldn’t be released in the first place. But the best way to find out which one is which is through snake repellents reviews. Paying customers will always say if they are not satisfied with a particular product. And that is how you can learn to stay away from a brand. Here are a few suggestions that people seem to be satisfied with.
Snake Defense Repellent And Deterrent For All Types Of Snakes
Depending on the area you have around the house, you can choose the 32-ounce or the 100-ounce spray bottle. With the bigger version, you will receive a continuous spraying pump so that you don’t have to tire your hands when you spray. You just have to tap the top a few times and then pull the trigger. The solution will come out continuously. I think you used a pump like this once before on your garden. It’s not hard to use.
As the label suggests, this product is meant to keep away all kinds of snakes, not just particular species. It contains peppermint, clove, and cinnamon oils. Snakes hate the combination, so the spray will form a barrier that will surely keep them away. Since all the ingredients are natural, this product does not affect children or pets.
Snake Defense can be used for home, barns, and garages. Spray a 3-feet barrier around the space you want to protect. Also, don’t forget about the cracks in the ground, weep holes, and under the deck. Those are snake’s favorite places of hiding. If you want to protect your garden or areas with high foliages, do the same. Spray a generous amount around those areas and snakes should stay away. However, the manufacturer recommends that you don’t spray the solution directly on edible plants.
The effect of the Snake Defense should last two or three weeks. However, it depends on the weather. If it rains, the water will wash the solution away, so make sure to reapply after the area is dry again.
The only thing that can be considered a drawback is the fact that it cannot be used indoors. I know that I told you should look for a product that can be used both outdoors and indoors, but I cannot get over the fact that Snake Defense is an excellent product for the area around the house. Its efficiency is proven by the countless good reviews it has online. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Voluntary Purchasing Group Hi-Yield Snake Repellent
When you order this, you get a 4-pound bag of liquid that you must use on areas where snakes can enter the premises. Just pour this where you have to and create a strong barrier that will keep snakes away from the house, barn, garage, and your yard. As long as your entire house is surrounded, snakes cannot get in.
The smell and taste of Hi-Yield Snake Repellent trigger an avoidance behavior in snakes. Whenever they feel the smell or taste, they slither in the opposite direction. That is because the scent of this liquid is powerful. So is the taste. That is good for you as well. Whenever you don’t feel the smell anymore, it’s a sign that you must reapply. Keep in mind, though, that a snake’s sense of smell is a lot sharper, which means that you don’t have to reapply whenever the smell is barely there. As long as you feel it, even just a little bit, it means that you’re good.
Another reason why this is a good product is that it triggers a natural reaction to escape. Whenthey feel this, the snakes not only that they will go the opposite way, but they will map the area as a no-zone. They will not make a comeback. The good news is that whatever the effect is, Hi-Yield Snake Repellent does not harm snakes at all. It’s more of a natural way to drive them away.
The only thing I don’t like is the packaging. It’s a simple bag with a plastic cap. But what you can do is pour the liquid into a spraying bottle. It’s less wasteful that way. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Bonide Snake Stopper 8751 Snake Repellent
Unlike the other two products, the one from Bonide comes in the form of granules. You don’t have to spray anything. The ingredients are all natural. It contains essential plant oils from cinnamon, clove, and cedarwood. Snakes hate the smell and taste of those. The all natural feature allows you to sprinkle the granules in your backyard even if you have children or pets. They can play there, and you can put your mind at ease. Nothing will happen to them because of Bonide Snake Repellent.
You can sprinkle the granules in your yard, garden, shed, barn, patio, under and on the deck, or on campsites. It creates a powerful barrier that will drive snakes away. They have a strong sense of smell and can detect the essential oils from afar. And if that does not trigger an avoidance behavior, then the sulfur surely will. Bonide contains a small amount if it, just to make sure that snakes will stay away from the premises. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I am not a big fan of spraying. Even if I spray on one side of the garden, I am sure that some of the particles will reach my strawberries, which is why I am going to go for the granules. As far as I a concerned, Bonide provides one of the best snake repellents on the market. They are just as efficient as the sprays, and my mind is more at ease.
Only 20% of the snakes are dangerous, but they don’t live just anywhere. The common house snake, as it’s called, is more likely to make an encounter than a venomous one. But with a snake repellent, you don’t have to worry about that. It will keep all snakes away. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Snake Prevention Secrets
- The Little-Known Secrets to Snake Repeller
- Definitions of Rattlesnake Repellent
- The Confidential Secrets of Natural Snake Repellent Revealed
- Snake Repellent Plants Tips
- The Chronicles of Snake Deterrents
- Never Before Told Stories About Snake Deterrent That You Must Read or Be Left Out
- The Hidden Truth About Snake Away
- The Foolproof Dr T ‘s Snake Away Strategy
- Snake Repellent: No Longer a Mystery
- The Unexpected Truth About Snake Deterrent Bunnings
- The Chronicles of Snake Repellent Chemicals
- Snake Deterrent around House Secrets
- Kids, Work and What Keeps Snakes Away
- Snake Deterrent Plants Tips
- A Fool’s Manual to Snake Deterrent Devices
- Top Choices of Rattlesnake Deterrent
- Repelling Snakes – the Story
- The Little-Known Secrets to Garden Snake Repellent
- Top Reptile Repellent Choices
- The True Meaning of Best Snake Deterrent
- Liquid Snake Repellent: No Longer a Mystery
- Life After Snake Repellent for Yard
- Sulfur for Snakes – the Story Whatever They Told You About Sulfur for Snakes Is Dead Wrong
- A Secret Weapon for Snake Spray
- The 5-Minute Rule for Best Snake Repellent for Yards
- Instant Solutions for What Repels Snakes
- What You Don’t Know About Snake B Gone Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- What Is So Fascinating About Garter Snake Repellent?
- Introducing Snake Repellers Bunnings
- The Fundamentals of Snake Away Repellent Revealed
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Repel Snakes
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Snake Trap
- The True Meaning of Solar Snake Repeller
- Gossip, Lies and Snake Repellent Spray